One student answered bravely:
– Yes, created by God.
– God created everything? – asked the professor.
– Yes, Sir, – the student answered.
– If God created everything, that means that God created evil, because it exists. And according to
this principal, the things we do determine who we are, that means – God is evil.
The student got quiet after hearing that answer. Professor was very happy with himself. He boasted to the
students, that he proved once again that God is a myth.
Another student raised his hand and said:
– Can I ask you a question, professor?
– Of course, – professor answered.
The student got up and asked:
– Professor, does cold exist?
– What kind of question this this? Of course it exists. Didn’t you ever get cold?
Students laughed at the question of the young man. The young man answered:
– Actually, Sir, cold doesn’t exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider to be cold truthfully is the absence of heat. You can study a person or a thing according to its ability to transfer energy. An absolute zero (-460 degrees according to Fahrenheit) is a complete absence of heat. The whole substance becomes inert and unable to react in that temperature. Cold doesn’t exist. We created that word to describe what we feel at the absence of heat.
The student continued:
– Professor, does the darkness exist?
– Of course it exists.
– You are wrong again, Sir. The darkness also doesn’t exist. Darkness is actually the absence of
light. We can study the light, but not the darkness. We can use the prism of Newton to expand the white
light into many colours and study the different lengths of the waves of each colour. You can’t measure the
darkness. A simple ray of light can burst into the world of darkness and light it up. How can you find out,
how dark is some kind of a space? You measure the quantity of light submitted. Isn’t it? Darkness is an
understanding which people use to describe something that happens in the absence of light.
Finally, the young man asked the professor:
– Sir, does evil exist?
This time timidly, professor answered:
– Of course, as I have already said. We see it every day. Cruelty among the people, lots of crimes and
violence around the world. These examples are nothing other than the manifestations of evil.
The student answered to this:
– Evil doesn’t exist, Sir, at least, it doesn’t exist for itself. Evil – is just an absence of God. It
is similar to darkness and cold, created by people, to describe the absence of God. God didn’t create evil.
Evil is not the faith or love, which exists like light and heat. Evil – is the result of absence of Godly
love in a human heart. It’s like the cold, which comes when there is no heat, or like the darkness, which
comes when there is no light.
Professor sat down.